Monday, July 12, 2010

Portable altar for my favorite Pict












Greetings. I wanted to share some pictures of a recent project. A dear friend, The Pict, is in the military and has all his pagan supplies are in storage. So I was inspired to make him a small altar kit. The Altar cloth is hand dyed linen, dyed with indigo. I felt impressed that this need to a be a project done by hand so I hand stitched the hem with a blessing said with each stitch. Given my friend Celtic nature and to pay homage to a lovely gift he had given me years ago. I used ogham to write the four elements and then added a stone at each direction to "anchor" the word to the fabric. Each stitch was done with intent and blessing. Knowing his favorite color was green I had reserved a dark green box and used a leather cord as a closure for it. In it I put all the basics I thought he might need or use.


A bundle of spell candles, gold, silver, white, black, red and green.
Two white ceramic candle holders and matches.
Incense sticks, a blend for peace and serenity, and a bottle of loose incense for love, protection and harmony.
A white sage smudging bundle.
Elemental representations; a small wooden screw top box full of salt for Earth. A pelican feather for Air. A tea light candle for Fire and a small white sea shell for Water.
Small bottles of blessed oil for anointing and blessed rain water.
A small silver chalice.
a bone Goddess figure and a horn ax for the God
a bar of his favorite soap I make.
Charged and blessed triskele pendant to trade him for the pentacle I had given him that past fall.

This all came together in a mater of days and was such fun to put together. It might qualify as a deluxe basic altar kit, but he deserves nothing less. I hope that is serves him well and with it he can find to to honor his path and heritage. I am proud of the man he is and his dedication and willingness to serve. I hope to see him one last time while he is on the same coast as I am. Soon he will go back to his Home state and seeing him in the flesh will become a rare thing indeed.
Much love, light and blessings to you my Favorite Pict.

No comments:

Post a Comment